Untitled Devotional


In Philippians 2, Paul mentions that we should be like-minded or imitators of Christ, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. You see, God has called each and every one of us out, giving you a calling that is uniquely yours. But though the calling that God has set before you may be different from the one sitting next to you it serves the same purpose. We are all called to shine a light in the darkness, allowing the love of Christ to overflow on those around us. When we shine his light it becomes like a beacon, giving off a hope to those who would otherwise see only darkness and it sparks a chain reaction.
God wants us to speak up and say, I am here to those who are hurting. We are the examples of Christ even though at times we may not be such a great example; I include myself when I say this. It was around eight or nine years ago, I was walking down isles of win Dixie and this lady, she begin talking about how her mother had just passed away and how close they were and you could see the tears welling up in her eyes. I told her that I would pray for her, well I didn’t realize that she would grasp my hand, wanting me to pray for her right then. I heard a voice saying pray but I didn’t; I was afraid. I had never been put into a situation like this up until that point. I regret not praying for her that day, but I also know that there will be other opportunities where I can be that example for Christ just as there will be for you.
God has created each and every one of us to stand out even if that means stepping out of our comfort zones to be the one who he has destined us to be. A lot of times we have to do it afraid so that, that one person can feel his love and in that instance a life is restored.

Philippians 2:2
Ephesians 5: 1-2
John 13: 13-17
John 17: 21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Beautiful Is The World

Breathe

Untitled Prose